Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!
You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Update my browser now
Each SturdiStep® stair tread is precisely engineered for its end use and is uniform in size, which helps reduce jobsite waste.
Uniformity from piece to piece — and within each piece — means you can buy with confidence. SturdiStep stair treads are also warranted against delamination, cupping and warping.
Our resins withstand the demands of normal construction delays so SturdiStep treads can be installed during the framing stage, saving on labor and other costs associated with temporary stair treads.
Step up your game with precision, convenience and lower costs
SturdiStep stair treads are manufactured to be flat, straight and of precise thickness. Knot-free and uniform throughout, they’re the only wood stair tread warranted against delamination, cupping and warping.
Combine SturdiStep treads with Trus Joist® TimberStrand® LSL stair stringers for a solid, stable stair system — and fewer customer callbacks. Both these products are durable enough to withstand normal construction delays so builders save on the labor and material costs associated with temporary stair treads.
SturdiStep Features & Benefits
- Uniform from piece-to-piece
- Convenient sizes
- Bullnosed edge reduces labor
- Eliminates the need for temporary stair treads
- Covered by a limited 30-year warranty
In Western Markets:
In Eastern Markets:
- 1″ x 11½” x 16'
- 1″ x 10¼” x 16'
- 9010 - TimberStrand LSL Stair Stringers and SturdiStep Stair Treads Specifier’s Guide
- gc-008 - Green Approved Product: StrandGuard TimberStrand LSL
- 1504 - Questions and Answers About Mold
- env-1000 - When Is The Best Time To Make A House Green?
- env-timberstrand-osb - Product Environmental Profile - Timberstrand & OSB
- tb-703 - Stair Stringer Tables for 1-3/4″ 1.55E TimberStrand LSL
- tj-1005 - Trus Joist StrandGuard TimberStrand LSL Warranty
- osb-1006 - Weyerhaeuser SturdiStep Stair Treads Warranty