Trees are a remarkable resource that, when managed responsibly, can meet a wide range of fundamental needs for people and the planet for generations to come. For more than a century, we’ve been proving it’s possible to harvest and replant on a continuous cycle to both maximize value for our shareholders and ensure our forests continue to thrive forever.
Our Competitive Advantage
Most of the forests we manage are in North America. In the U.S. we own or lease nearly seven million acres of timberlands, primarily in the Pacific Northwest and in the South. In Canada, we manage nearly 14 million acres of publicly owned land under long-term licenses. We also manage 320,000 acres of forests in Uruguay.
Our competitive advantage is rooted in our scale, expertise and geographic diversity. We have:
- World-class timber holdings
- Scale operations in the Pacific Northwest and U.S. South
- Industry-leading silviculture expertise and sustainability practices
- Unique export and domestic market access, with strong customer relationships and infrastructure
- Relentless focus on driving improvement through operational excellence