Last Updated: December 20, 2019
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be reasonably identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to her or his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us or through our service providers, including when you:
- apply for a recreational lease or permit;
- request technical support, warranty service or other customer support;
- apply for a job;
- license our software;
- sign up for newsletters, create an account, or otherwise communicate with us;
- participate in any interactive features of the Services (e.g., when you use our live chat feature, use our training materials or participate in our trainings); or
- engage with us via third party social media sites.
The types of personal information we may collect directly from you include:
- Basic User Information: such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company or employer name, job title or position, username or user ID;
- Purchase Information: such as information about the products and services you purchase from us, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe, and shipping, ordering, billing and other similar information;
- Job Application Information: such as resumes, work history, educational background, and job interest data; and
- Other Information: any other information you choose to provide (such as answers to survey questions).
Personal Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect personal information about you, including:
- Log Information: such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites;
- Device Information: such as the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers;
- Location Information: such as information we may derive about your location from your browser;
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: such as information collected by the following technologies:
- Pixel tags, which are small blocks of code often used in connection with cookies. Pixel tags (or web beacons) may be placed on our websites and emails, and allow us to track usage, including to determine when emails have been opened and acted upon;
- Mobile device identifiers, which are used in mobile applications and perform functions similar to cookies and pixel tags; and
- Session storage and local storage, which store user preferences and other data locally in your browser.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from publicly available resources, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, identity verification services and credit agencies, mailing list providers, references, and partners when you interact with them.
You must be 16 or older to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information collected about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services, and develop future Services;
- provide and deliver products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- communicate with you about products, services, promotions, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- respond to your inquiries, provide warranty support or other customer service, and send you technical notices and updates;
- improve web and mobile user experiences, help run our websites more efficiently, gather broad demographic information, and evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of us and others;
- coordinate and manage our recruiting, hiring, and employment efforts; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you before or at the time the information was collected.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may share your personal information as follows:
- with our service providers, vendors, and consultants who need access to such information to perform services or carry out work on our behalf;
- when selling products or services, including with our dealers and distributors;
- when selling land or developing real estate projects, such as with independent brokers, builders, and developers;
- with our marketing partners to send you newsletters, alerts, or other communications on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- with our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, other companies under common control and ownership; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
We may also use and share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may use certain third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our websites and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as remarketing with analytics, demographic and interest reporting, and impression reporting. We and third-party vendors may use first-party or third-party cookies or other identifiers to deliver advertisements, measure your interests, report demographics, detect your location, and personalize your content.
To find out more about how these third-party analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online, and to find out how to opt-out of information collection by these networks, please visit https://youradchoices.com, https://youradchoices.com/appchoices or https://www.networkadvertising.org.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through our websites, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that we do not control how third parties manage their opt-out processes.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from browsers. To learn more about "DNT" please visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. To opt out, please send your request to email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
We may collect personal information from you when you engage (e.g., like, comment, or share) with our content or interact with us on social media sites.
Our websites may also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you on those social media sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on those social media sites to make sure you understand the personal information that may be collected, used, and shared.
A cookie is a very small file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer or device when you visit a website and is generated by the server that operates the website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and can be used by that server whenever that computer or device visits the website. Other similar technology includes web beacons and tracking pixels. The information collected by cookies and these other technologies include IP addresses, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system versions, language preferences, dates and times of your access to the website, referring URLs, email receipts and opens, and information about your usage of the website.
Cookies on our websites are either first-party or third-party cookies. First-party cookies are set by us and share the same domain as our website. Third-party cookies are stored by third-party providers and organizations with different domains. Some cookies expire once you close your browser (called session cookies) and other cookies stay on your device until you delete them or they expire (called persistent cookies).
We use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
- Performance: these cookies collect data about how you use the website to measure and report statistics about user interactions and to improve how the website works;
- Advertising: these cookies are used to deliver digital advertisements relevant to you or your interests, including retargeting on social media platforms. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns, and this information may be shared with other organizations (e.g., advertisers); and
- Content: these cookies help display content, like a feed from a social media platform.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
Weyerhaeuser is based in the United States and Canada and the information we collect is governed by applicable U.S. and Canadian laws, which do not have the same data protection rights as in the European Union or other countries.
The servers for our websites are in the United States. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to our collection, processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, to help protect personal information that we collect about you from loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
While we implement these and other security measures, we cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will be sufficient or will not be defeated.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually activate a setting on your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services and you may be unable to access certain parts of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have an online account with us, you may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information about you for a period of time.
STATE PRIVACY NOTICES
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law. To learn more about these rights and how you may exercise them, visit www.weyerhaeuser.com/privacy/CCPA.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada “consumers” have the right to opt out of the “sale” of certain “covered information,” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. We currently do not sell covered information; however, you may contact us at email@example.com to register your e-mail contact address for us to provide you notice in the event we should do so in the future, at which point you will have an opportunity to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights under that law. Contact us in the same manner to update your contact email for Nevada notices. Changing your email address elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada notice contact information. It is your responsibility to keep your notice contact information current.
ACCESSIBILITY TO USERS WITH DISABILITIES
Canadian residents: Contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.