Last Updated: December 8, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services (e.g. when you use our live chat feature, use our training materials or participate in our trainings, etc.), fill out a form, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us or view our content via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information (such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, employer name, user name and user type);
- Job application information (such as resumes);
- Purchase information (such as information about the products and services you purchase from us);
- Information about your projects and/or jobs;
- Inventions and ideas that you provide to us which are also governed by the separate terms and conditions located at www.weyerhaeuser.com/submit-ideas-and-inventions; and
- Any other information you choose to provide (such as answers to survey questions).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
- Location Information: We may derive information about your location from your browser and third-party services such as Google Maps.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies to collect information in connection with your use of our Services. The technologies we use include the following:
- Mobile device identifiers, which are used in mobile applications and perform functions similar to cookies and pixel tags; and
- Cookies, which are small files that are sent to your computer or device memory when you visit a website. Cookies allow our Services to recognize your browser or device and track your usage each time you visit. You can usually decline or remove cookies through your browser or device, but doing so may interfere with your use of Services. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below; and
- Local storage, which stores data locally in your browser, including user preferences; and
- Pixel tags, which are small blocks of code often used in connection with cookies. Pixel tags (or web beacons) may be placed on our websites and emails, and allow us to track website usage, including to determine when emails have been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services and develop future Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and training;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, rebates, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Weyerhaeuser and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Weyerhaeuser and others;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Provide customer rebates and incentives;
- Coordinate and facilitate our recruiting, hiring and staffing needs; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing your Personal Information with Others
- When selling land or products, and when we are using independent brokers to whom we have forwarded your information to for follow up where you have expressed an interest;
- To provide you with ongoing access to our investor reports;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Weyerhaeuser or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Weyerhaeuser and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Weyerhaeuser takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. To opt out, please send your request to email@example.com.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Weyerhaeuser is based in the United States and Canada and the information we collect is governed by U.S. and Canadian law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S., Canada and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Weyerhaeuser by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.