Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!
You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Update my browser now
Whether you’re an architect or engineer sizing joists, beams, posts or studs, Forte® software performs load calculations and identifies solutions for the conditions and geometry you specify. Size for a specific spacing, member depth or just the best economical fit.
FORTE FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Graphical user interface and intuitive workflow – Forte software is designed to be used right away with practically no learning curve.
- Ability to balance cost and performance with the TJ-Pro™ Rating System — the solutions list provides a view into product combinations that can save money while delivering on-floor performance expectations.
- Loading assistance for complex conditions – easily calculate and apply loads on one tab using a variety of tools.
- Ability to size engineered wood and dimension lumber in one tool – compare design results and select the most effective solution.
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FORTE SOFTWARE
Release notes and system requirements
- English | French
- Version 5.2 will replace the your current installation of Forte v5.1
- Supported Microsoft® Operating Systems include: Windows® 10, Windows 8 and 8.1, and Windows 7
- Read the full system requirements
- Save the .exe file locally
- Temporarily disable anti-virus software
- Double click .exe to install
With the latest Forte software, you can:
- Define multiple member connections — choose to include fastener schedules along with the member design for attaching member plies of a beam assembly together. Select from a variety of nails, screws or bolts.
- Specify the required building code year — select the building code required to design members. The building code, along with the year (e.g., IBC 2015), will be included on the member reports.
- Design members for lateral loading using ASCE 7-10 — new building code options (IBC 2012 and IBC 2015) will now reference ASCE 7-10 for lateral design of members for stud, column and header applications. Choose IBC 2009 to use ASCE 7-05 for lateral design.
- Increase productivity —quickly determine the best solution to use for a member now with additional information about which design accessories are required for each solution.
- Integrate with Autodesk® Revit® — users’ modeling and design structures using Revit software will now have the ability to design Trus Joist® products using the MWF Advanced Revit extension from StrucSoft Solutions. Visit StrucSoft Solutions for more information.
- Enjoy the latest Trus Joist® product updates which include the new Parallam® PSL design values. For more information, please refer to the following technical bulletins: TB-606 | TB-607
FORTE TRAINING VIDEOS
We have many training videos to make using Forte software a breeze.
Watch specific instructions on how Forte software works.
Visit our YouTube playlist for more videos on how to use Forte software.
FORTE SOFTWARE SCREENSHOTS
These are just a few of the many ways Forte visually makes the job easier.
OPEN FILE EXCHANGE
Send members to Forte for analysis from your software
We provide the Forte File Format Utility to developers looking to export floor, wall and roof members to Forte for analysis. Skip remodeling spans, supports and loads in Forte and simply right-click to send calculations to Forte, with all the necessary information pre-populated.
Learn more with an interactive guide for developers wanting to export Forte files from their own software applications.
- svc-4130 - Product Overview: Forte Sizing Software
- tb-218 - 2012 International Building Code (IBC) Wind Load Compliance with Forte Software