About the Forest Learning Center
The Charles W. Bingham Forest Learning Center is located inside the blast zone of
the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens on Highway 504. It is a partnership
between Weyerhaeuser Company, Washington State Department of Transportation and
the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. The facility is open to the public from mid-May to
October free of charge. Please see our operating schedule.
- Walk through a life-like forest and experience the Eruption Chamber.
- Learn about forest recovery, reforestation and conservation of forest resources.
- See spectacular views of the mountain, elk and replanted forests.
- Hike a short trail through the planted forest and learn about biodiversity.
- Have fun on the volcano slide at the playground.
Last updated April 23, 2013