We are deeply connected to the communities where we operate and have a long history of doing our part to help them thrive. We made our first charitable donation in 1903 and have provided more than $222 million in grants through our formal giving program, established in 1948. In both rural and urban settings, we support hundreds of important organizations and programs in the communities where we operate with money, time, skills and resources.
HOW WE INVEST
In 2014, we invested $5.5 million in our communities through four main channels:
1. Giving Fund The majority of our philanthropy is directed through our Giving Fund, which:
Makes cash contributions to community organizations through local grants